We’re just over a month into the full launch of the playDECENT.gg platform. It’s been a genuinely exciting time with a combination of high-fives, head-scratching, learning, and adjusting.
The following provides a high-level overview of the playDECENT.gg marketing roadmap to date, with a look ahead at what’s to come.
Targeted, Phased Approach
The marketing roll-out for playDECENT.gg was designed to align with product development milestones and to maximize cost efficiency through partnerships. It’s a methodical, step-by-step, brick-by-brick process.
Our aim was to avoid the pitfalls of many start-ups who often fire off a full-scale ad spend for new products before their internal team or external market was ready. Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.
The initial steps in the early strategy and reasoning behind them include:
From a broader 30,000-foot view, key plan elements look like this (checkmarks represent what has been done to date):
Important Upcoming Initiatives
We strongly believe that marketing and technology must be closely aligned for a new product launch to be successful. Our marketing and tech teams communicate daily and very collaboratively. The marketing roadmap is largely built on tech milestones with an on-going feedback loop between the departments.
With that in mind, some important upcoming marketing efforts include:
- Joint PlayVIG promotion (early September): Details to come closer to the campaign, but a co-marketed promotion with PlayVIG will launch in the first two weeks of September. It’s aligned with a more automated, faster process of funding playDECENT.gg user account wallets with tokens from the PlayVIG store.
- Affiliate / Refer-a-Friend rollout: This is a major milestone for us. The ability to organically grow the user base from product enthusiasts – and reward them for their assistance – is a massive step in the platform adoption process.
- clubDECENT full launch: Closely aligned with the affiliate/referral roll-out, our clubDECENT rewards program is designed to promote frequent platform usage.
- Full playDECENT.gg website launch: The new site is progressing daily on the dev server (seen after bullets). Integrating with a back-end CRM system and creating the referral/affiliate program registration process are current hurdles.
- Influencer marketing: Our view is that mass adoption isn’t likely before a fiat solution is available in the wallet. While our community is crypto savvy, this is still unchartered territory for many. When the playDECENT wallet can be directly funded with DBETs, we’ll begin a larger scale influencer campaign around our top-performing games.
Performance to Date
Echoing our previous update, all in all, we’re thrilled with product adoption. Account sign-ups are well ahead of what we anticipated to date. The actual gameplay is still a little behind our expectations. The team is working on this daily, reaching out to each and every user who has created an account but yet to either fund their wallet or play a game.
We anticipated this would be a potential issue before the wallet solution launched. Our internal team is diligent and meticulous in their onboarding and educational efforts. The percentage of users who have signed up to those who have played improves daily.
We’ll continue to provide status checks in the coming months. The next progress report will go out at the end of Q3.
Track Us on Social Media
- Official Twitter
- Telegram (general)
- Telegram (announcements only)
- Facebook community
DECENT.bet is a blockchain product development company. Operating on the VeChain Thor Blockchain, the company has successfully launched two products: 1) crypto-based slots, and 2) skill-based esports competitions. DECENT.bet was founded in 2017. It’s headquartered in Las Vegas and has offices in Florida and Panama.